Create and edit professional quality videos with ease
- VAIO gives you the optimal environment for editing HD (High Definition) video with Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony’s VAIO Edit Components plug-in. Adobe Premiere Elements features basic editing functions and an intuitive interface that anyone can easily use. Moreover, when used with VAIO Edit Components, you can edit HD proxy files and videos shot in AVCHD format, as well as insert a variety of original VAIO transitions.
Adobe Premiere Elements
Intuitive interface makes editing drag-and-drop simple
Video editing without the hassle
Adobe Premiere Elements features a smart docking interface — when you adjust the size of one panel, all others are automatically re-sized as well. This great software also gives you complete control over settings such as opacity, placement, rotation and size for images, graphics and text.
- Sceneline is a convenient alternative to the standard Timeline, giving you an easier way of editing via a storyboard format. Create a story with drag-and-drop ease by arranging content according to playback order. When you want to inspect a certain section, quickly zoom in to check details then zoom out again to see the big picture. Switching between Sceneline and Timeline can be done at the press of a button.
Preview in real time
View the results of your edits fast with the Real-Time Preview function. This plays your project back with all effects, transitions and titles appearing as they would in the finished video.
Preview on camcorders or TV
Preview your edited video on a camcorder screen via i.LINK Preview. You can also use this convenient application to connect to a TV for additional checking of video quality.
Make a hit with filters and special effects
Special effects just like movies and TV
Make your videos flow with hundreds of impressive special effects and transitions, which can be with customised and used again. Add unique and interesting effects, including Earthquake, Old Film and Airbrush, as well as a variety of transitions that lend a dramatic flair to your videos like 3D Explosions, 3D Transformations, Art Blends and Motion Blends.
Give your videos the professional touch by adding Cube Spin, Gradient Wipe or other transitions between scenes. You can also create your own transitions for those cinematic moments requiring a special touch.
Click on a photo to see the transitions.
Stunning visual effects
Increase impact with the huge variety of video effects filters at your disposal. Change background colours, add a sepia tint for a nostalgic feeling and even insert lightning in scenes.
- You can insert fades by simply right-clicking on your mouse then setting fade options.
You deserve the credit
- Add credits, subtitles, captions and other text, including high-resolution text for HD (High Definition) videos. Controls for kerning (to adjust letter spacing), borders, shadows and other text functions are available for precise text styling. You can also create rolling and scrolling titles. Select from one of the many professional title templates for just the right look, including a variety of text animation templates. Text can be saved directly to a project file, or saved as a user-defined style to be used in other projects.
Just the right sound for any mood
Soundtracks that move you
- Add sound effects and background music then automatically convert to Dolby Digital Stereo — a great way to infuse videos with the appropriate ambiance and emotion. The Audio Mixer is like one straight out of a recording studio, allowing you to adjust volume, reverb and waveform with a simple slider for up to 99 audio tracks. This is ideal for separating dialogue and narration from background music.
Sony’s own VAIO Edit Components
- VAIO Edit Components is Sony’s original plug-in that increases the functionality of Adobe Premiere Elements.
Note: VAIO Edit Components ver. 6.4 is available through VAIO Update.
Convert SD to HD
Convert SD video (DV-AVI/MPEG2/MICROMV) directly to HD for use in HDV and AVCHD projects. Direct conversion eliminates intermediate analogue conversion in order to maintain optimal image quality.
Use x.v.Color for beautiful colour
Take advantage of the wider colour space afforded by x.v.Color. Shoot video x.v.Color-compatible video camcorders (AVCHD, HDV) and preserve all the vibrancy and subtle nuance that this standard offers.
Simplify HD editing
Create a proxy file from imported HD video footage (HDV/AVCHD) and edit as easily as standard video. You can also print HD footage as high-quality photos thanks to HDV/AVCHD rendering.
Process fast and smart
Smart rendering decreases processing time while preserving image quality. Select exactly what sections of your project to render, including individual or multiple scenes. In addition to providing shorter rendering times, un-rendered scenes maintain their original quality resulting in high quality prints.
Look like a pro with VAIO transitions
VAIO Edit Components comes with VAIO transitions, an incredibly easy way to add studio-quality transitions between scenes. Choose from 34 different transitions, including dynamic 3D and wipe patterns, which blurs borders. Each effect can be adjusted according to your own creative vision.
Click on a photo to see the transitions.
Create super special effects
- Two unique special effects — 3D Particle Maker and Motion Rowing — extend your creative options. With 3D Particle Maker, you can easily simulate fire, smog or snow in scenes while the new Motion Rowing effect adds comic bubbles, mosaics and handwriting. The Motion Tracking function also lets you attach a motion effect to a moving subject.
Sample (Windows Media) (301k)
- All images are simulated.
- All product and brand names on this web site may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
(TM), (R) indications may be omitted in this web site.